Scared Of The Dentist?
Overcoming Your Fear Of The Dentist Geelong
Going to the dentist can be traumatic for some people and we realise extra care needs to be taken to help if you are a bit scared of the dentist.
1 in every 6 people experience dental phobia. The following list are some of the top reasons for dental phobia:
- Fear of needles
- Fear of drilling sound
- Loss of control
- Being judged by the dentist
- No trust in the dentist
- Fear of costs
- Bad experience
- Heard of someone else’s bad experience
It's important that your fears, anxiety and distress is dealt with properly so your oral health isn't compromised. All staff have trained in ANXIETY MANAGEMENT with Dr Nathan Castle, Clinical Psychologist and Anxiety Treatment Specialist, Geelong.
We have gone to extra lengths to make our clinic a relaxed and welcoming environment and are quite open about helping you overcome your fears.
WE OFFER MANY SOLUTIONS
- Salt lamps and oil burners
- Penthrox - similar to happy gas
- Full sleep dentistry
- Signalling system – you are in control of your treatment , dentist follows your cues.
- Medication – we can prescribe tablets for you to take the day before and on the morning of your appointment to take the edge off your fear.
We have even engaged DELTA THERAPY DOG SERVICE that will help you feel more at ease during your appointment.
Most compassionate female dentists in Geelong, Lara, Corio, Norlane, Gheringhap, Rippleside, Lovely Banks, Bell Park and Bell Post Hill.