It’s For My Partner, Dad, Son Boyfriend…
It’s almost every day that we get a phone call from a female, complaining of a broken tooth or a toothache, asking for treatment costs and appointment times. It’s only when we begin to make the booking that she usually says “ohh.. it’s not for me it’s for my partner/husband/boyfriend/son/dad/..” Why do men avoid getting help, and especially dental appointments?
5 Main Reasons Men Don’t Book Dental Appointments
Well here are some ideas we have come up with over the years:
- FEAR!!! It’s hard for anyone to admit that they may feel anxious about something, and this is especially true for men. Some of the toughest, tattoo covered, Harley Davidson riding blokes are absolutely petrified of coming to the dentist.
- Head in the sand approach…the toothache will eventually go away….if I just wait long enough…
- Prices – most people believe that dental treatment is far more expensive than it actually is and feel embarrassed when they cannot afford it.
- No self-care; some people don’t consider teeth as a vital part of their health (until they lose too many and their quality of life is seriously deteriorated!).
- Embarrassment – majority of people feel very self-conscious to have their mouth/teeth looked at and feel that they will be judged or criticised.
All of the above are very real and valid reasons, but the problem is that, if they are not addressed, they only become more overwhelming.
5 Reasons To Book a Dental Appointment Today
Here are some ideas on how to help your man (or anyone, really), to book in for that overdue dental check up:
- We have a wonderful and loving therapy dog who can sit by your side during that terrifying dental appointment and make it all better. We are also an all female team and are super non-scary!
- Toothaches don’t go away by themselves. If they do, it’s only a matter of time before they come back!
- Tight on cash right now? No problem we offer 12Mth Interest Free Payment Plan!
- Dental problems are related to heart disease, bone disease, diabetes….its far more than what is happening in the mouth. Poor dental health is also related to self confidence. Oh yeah and BAD BREATH!
- We don’t judge, we listen and help.
Guys, if you don’t want to pick up the phone, get online and make that first booking!